10 Nov SR. ACCOUNTANT – LOS ANGELES
Full time | Accounting & Finance Team
WHO WE ARE:
We are Create Music Group, one of the fastest growing music technology companies in the entertainment industry. As a Music Group we monetize over 3 billion monthly music streams and are currently one of the largest music rights holders in the world. We also operate a number of different services out of our 22,000 sq ft HQ in the heart of Hollywood: music distribution, music publishing, YouTube monetization, artist development, brand development, and production.
We collaborate with some of the most influential personalities and musicians including Future, Migos; Marshmello, Porter Robinson, Dillon Francis, Don Diablo; Young Thug, Trippy Redd, Soulja Boy; and others. We are at the forefront of the entertainment industry and looking for someone to join us and to become a part of Create.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Passionate about your craft and a fan of different genres of music
- 5+ years of relevant work experience under your belt
- Possesses deep knowledge of finance and accounting procedures
- Open minded: thinks outside the box due to the ever-changing industry
- Works well independently and with groups
- Has a great sense of business and financial judgment, often serving as resource for others
- Accurate and pays very close attention to detail
- Someone with strong financial modeling and computer skills
- Able to learn new programs and apps as needed
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets
- MBA or MS of Accounting degree
- A fan of EDM, Urban/Hip Hop, and Internet meme culture
- Music industry experience
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Assisting with the month end close process
- Producing financial statements and management reports for multiple business entities
- Preparing journal entries and reconciliations of all accounts
- Accounts payable/receivable
- Preparation of sales & use tax returns and other ad hoc tasks
- Free snacks, coffee, tea
- Relaxed dress code
- Pet friendly office
- Collaborative work environment
- Room for personal and professional networking growth
- On-site parking
Create Music is offering full healthcare benefits and competitive salary pay in the range of $55-60k depending on experience.
Please send your resume, cover letter, and salary history to email@example.com. Feel free to impress us with your passion, creativity, and expertise! NOTE: Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.