Remote Canada/USA | Full time | Development
JOIN INC. 5000’S FASTEST GROWING MEDIA COMPANY IN AMERICA!
Create Music Group gives talented individuals the opportunity to tackle new challenges while making a big impact in a collaborative and engaging environment. Our goal is to support each other’s growth and development while building tools that advance the music industry to modernize the way artists create, distribute, and get paid.
WHO WE ARE
We are Create Music Group, one of the fastest growing music technology companies in the entertainment industry. We provide best-in-class technology solutions for our artists and labels. Our suite of tools and services covers distribution, publishing, sync licensing, digital rights management, A&R and marketing, and recording services. We maximize opportunities to monetize content across all platforms, provide access to proprietary technology that allows artists to track earning in real-time – all without compromising ownership or creativity.
We collaborate with some of the most influential personalities and musicians including Future, Jennifer Lopez, The Chainsmokers, City Girls, Don Diablo, Migos, Tay Money, Trippie Redd and many more. We are at the forefront of the entertainment industry and looking for someone to join the Create Team.
Check us out at createmusicgroup.com
who you are:
- You are passionate about working for data - especially Big Data
- Intermediate / senior level engineer
- You have good problem solving skills
- You like coding in Python and are willing to learn new tech and cloud infrastructure services as needed
- You are able to communicate effectively whether in-person or electronically
- You pay extra attention to business, technical, and data detail
- You are interested in learning about the music-tech industry
- Proficiency with Python and Object Oriented Programming
- Knowledge of version control (Git)
- Familiarity with SQL, NoSQL, and data warehousing
- Experience with DevOps and CICD
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform Data Services, such as Google Cloud Composer, Google Cloud Compute Engine, Google Cloud BigQuery, Google Cloud DataFlow, and Google DataLab etc.
- Experience with building and consuming APIs, and data pipelines
- Experience with Big Data technologies - in addition to GCP data services (eg. AWS, ElasticSearch, Neo4j, and machine learning)
- Familiarity with business intelligence and data visualization tools such as Tableau and Google Data Studio
what you'll be doing:
- Building our data products, focusing on data pipelines, but also data architecture, data infrastructure, data processing, data analysis and communicating
- Supporting team automation efforts
- Playing with cool technology: We use cloud solutions of AWS/Google Cloud Platform, Google Cloud Composer, Google BigQuery, Cloud Storage, ElasticSearch, MongoDB, Neo4j, Docker, and more
- We are offering competitive wages
- 5 Days Paid Sick Leave
- 15 Days Paid Vacation after probationary period
- Comprehensive Health, Vision and Dental Insurance paid 100% by the company
- Life insurance, AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability Benefits
- $500 Health Spending Account (myHSA)
- Relaxed dress code
- Collaborative & exciting work environment
- Room for growth within company
Our Vancouver Team is currently working from home until further notice. We will be considering a distributed work model where team members can work from home or in a typical office environment, but employee health and safety is our top priority. We are currently accepting applicants out of province. All interviews and subsequent meetings will be conducted online using Google Meet.
MORE ABOUT US
Create Music Group Official Websitehttp://www.createmusicgroup.com
How Create Music Group Found $60 Million in Unclaimed Revenue for Artists and Labels in Three Yearshttps://www.forbes.com/sites/danafeldman/2018/11/28/how-create-music-group-found-60m-in-unclaimed-revenue-for-artists-and-labels-in-three-years/#32b17f7b7b32
How This Startup is Finding Millions in Unclaimed Youtube Revenue for Artists and Labelshttps://www.billboard.com/articles/business/8357947/create-music-group-youtube-revenue-recovery-artists-labels
Create Music Group Now Offering Clients Daily Youtube, Apple Music/iTunes & Spotify Revenue Reportshttps://www.billboard.com/articles/business/8495395/create-music-group-daily-youtube-apple-itunes-spotify-reports
Send us an email with a short paragraph (2 - 3 sentences) of your goals, and another short paragraph (2 - 3 sentences) about how you think working at Create Music Group can get you there.
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Add “Data Engineer Application” in the subject line.
We thank all who apply but regretfully, only those considered to be suitably qualified will be contacted for further consideration.