Data Engineer/Backend Developer
Vancouver, BC | Full time | Development
who we are:
Create Music Group is an LA-based digital music company that provides artists and labels with distribution, rights management, and creative services. We monetize over 9 billion monthly music streams and have collected over $100 Million in previously unclaimed revenue for artists and labels.
We currently represent many of the most influential artists and labels in the music industry, as well as managing YouTube channels for artists and social media influencers including Future, Migos, Marshmello, Porter Robinson, Dillon Francis, Don Diablo, Young Thug, Trippie Redd, Soulja Boy, and many others.
We were named Inc.’s #1 fastest growing company in 2020. We welcome you to join us in our effort to help artists be in control!
who you are:
- An appreciator of music and the digital age of tech/entertainment
- Passionate about working for data
- Well versed in Agile methodology
- Able to communicate effectively whether in-person or electronically
- Willing to learn new programs and apps as needed
- A backend developer with strong SQL skills - willing to get your hands dirty in data processing.
- Pay good attention to business, technical, and data detail.
- 3+ Years Proficiency with Python
- 3+ Years Proficiency with SQL and NoSQL
- 3+ Years Experience with Cloud Computing
- 3+ years Experience with building and consuming APIs
- Experience with Bash Scripting
- Experience with Linux VMs
- Proficiency with version control (Git) and building scalable applications
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform - Cloud Composer (Airflow), GCE, GCS, BigQuery
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Familiarity with business intelligence and data visualization tools such as Tableau and Google Data Studio
- ReactJS, NodeJS, ReactJS visualization libraries
what you'll be doing:
- Building our data products, focusing on data pipeline infrastructure
- Supporting team automation efforts
- Playing with cool technology: We use cloud solutions of AWS/Google Cloud Platform, Google Cloud Composer, Google BigQuery, Cloud Storage, ElasticSearch, Docker, and more
Salary: $80,000 to $120,000 CAD. 15 Days Paid Vacation. 5 Days Paid Sick Leave. Comprehensive Health and Dental Insurance.
- Relaxed dress code
- Pet friendly office
- Collaborative & exciting work environment
- Room for growth within company
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Tell us why you think you would be a great fit for this position, and an even better fit with our team. Link us anything else you want - your portfolio, website, socials, etc.
NOTE: Applications without a cover letter will not be accepted.
Join California’s fastest growing company according to Inc. magazine!