Remote Canada/USA | Full time | Development
JOIN INC. 5000’S FASTEST GROWING MEDIA COMPANY IN AMERICA!
Create Music Group gives talented individuals the opportunity to tackle new challenges while making a big impact in a collaborative and engaging environment. Our goal is to support each other’s growth and development while building tools that advance the music industry to modernize the way artists create, distribute, and get paid.
WHO WE ARE
We are Create Music Group, one of the fastest growing music technology companies in the entertainment industry. We provide best-in-class technology solutions for our artists and labels. Our suite of tools and services covers distribution, publishing, sync licensing, digital rights management, A&R and marketing, and recording services. We maximize opportunities to monetize content across all platforms, provide access to proprietary technology that allows artists to track earning in real-time – all without compromising ownership or creativity.
We collaborate with some of the most influential personalities and musicians including Future, Jennifer Lopez, The Chainsmokers, City Girls, Don Diablo, Migos, Tay Money, Trippie Redd and many more. We are at the forefront of the entertainment industry and looking for someone to join the Create Team.
Check us out at createmusicgroup.com
who you are:
- You are an appreciator of music and the digital age of tech/entertainment
- You are a developer with a breadth of experience not just in development and best practices but infrastructure, tooling and cloud services
- You are a strong team player that can help drive and get buy-in on team processes and best practices
- You are a collaborator, an innovator, and someone who loves having fun
- You are at the front lines for any new tool or technology, so challenges and learning new things excites you
- 3+ years of backend development experience
- 5+ years of infrastructure and operations experience with Cloud platforms (e.g. AWS and GCP) with a heavier focus on GCP for this particular role role
- Comfortable with SQL (such as MySQL and PostgreSQL), HTTP concepts as they relate to RESTful APIs, IP networking
- Proficiency with version control using git
- Proficiency with managing and administering Linux servers
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking, and oral and written communication skills
- Proactive, ability to multitask, prioritize and work independently
- Strong history of experience with a variety of GCP technologies and products
- Experience with Bitbucket and Jira
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with IAC tools (Terraform, Pulumi, Cloudformation)
- Familiarity with Bigquery and Apache Airflow
what you'll be doing:
- Collaborate with team members to improve the company’s engineering tools, systems and processes, and data security. And document it
- Troubleshoot production and infrastructure issues and coordinate with the development team to streamline code deployment
- Provide support to development teams in the form of diagnosing infrastructure and performance issues, deploying new infrastructure, and developing custom tooling
- $100,000 to $150,000
- 5 Days Paid Sick Leave
- 15 Days Paid Vacation after probationary period
- Comprehensive Health, Vision and Dental Insurance paid 100% by the company
- Life insurance, AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability Benefits
- $500 Health Spending Account (myHSA)
- Relaxed dress code
- Pet friendly office
- Collaborative & exciting work environment
- Room for growth within company
Our Vancouver Team is currently working from home until further notice. We will be considering a distributed work model where team members can work from home or in a typical office environment, but employee health and safety is our top priority. We are currently accepting applicants out of province. All interviews and subsequent meetings will be conducted online using Google Meet.
MORE ABOUT US
Create Music Group Official Websitehttp://www.createmusicgroup.com
How Create Music Group Found $60 Million in Unclaimed Revenue for Artists and Labels in Three Yearshttps://www.forbes.com/sites/danafeldman/2018/11/28/how-create-music-group-found-60m-in-unclaimed-revenue-for-artists-and-labels-in-three-years/#32b17f7b7b32
How This Startup is Finding Millions in Unclaimed Youtube Revenue for Artists and Labelshttps://www.billboard.com/articles/business/8357947/create-music-group-youtube-revenue-recovery-artists-labels
Create Music Group Now Offering Clients Daily Youtube, Apple Music/iTunes & Spotify Revenue Reportshttps://www.billboard.com/articles/business/8495395/create-music-group-daily-youtube-apple-itunes-spotify-reports
Send us an email with a short paragraph (2 - 3 sentences) of your goals, and another short paragraph (2 - 3 sentences) about how you think working at Create Music Group can get you there.
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Add “DevOps Engineer Application” in the subject line.
We thank all who apply but regretfully, only those considered to be suitably qualified will be contacted for further consideration.