Lead Product Designer
Remote Canada/USA | Full time | Design
JOIN INC. 5000’S FASTEST GROWING MEDIA COMPANY IN AMERICA!
Create Music Group gives talented individuals the opportunity to tackle new challenges while making a big impact in a collaborative and engaging environment. Our goal is to support each other’s growth and development while building tools that advance the music industry to modernize the way artists create, distribute, and get paid.
WHO WE ARE
We are Create Music Group, one of the fastest growing music technology companies in the entertainment industry. We provide best-in-class technology solutions for our artists and labels. Our suite of tools and services covers distribution, publishing, sync licensing, digital rights management, A&R and marketing, and recording services. We maximize opportunities to monetize content across all platforms, provide access to proprietary technology that allows artists to track earning in real-time – all without compromising ownership or creativity.
We collaborate with some of the most influential personalities and musicians including Future, Jennifer Lopez, The Chainsmokers, City Girls, Don Diablo, Migos, Tay Money, Trippie Redd and many more. We are at the forefront of the entertainment industry and looking for someone to join the Create Team.
Check us out at createmusicgroup.com
who you are:
- You are motivated, creative individual with experience in the design field and a passion for Product Design
- You are detail-oriented with a passion to get lots of information and planning organized
- You can think both creatively and critically - you can turn out exceptional work and constantly think about how you can elevate your design
- You are comfortable with client briefs that lead to more questions than answers
- You are highly professional, with the ability to deliver solid work on tight schedules
- You have outstanding collaborative skills with developers, marketers, and other designers
- 5+ years of digital product design, ideally in a leadership role
- A portfolio of design projects in both UX and visual design
- Proven work experience with UI/UX principles and best practices (bonus points for interaction and motion design)
- Experience with translating requirements and stakeholder goals into simple UIs and user flows
- Strong communication and team-leadership abilities; experience mentoring, managing, and developing smaller teams and individuals
- Proficient in Figma, Adobe Creative Cloud (XD, Photoshop, Illustrator), and similar tools
- Experience with Atlassian (Jira, Confluence) or other ticketing systems
- Experience in managing multiple design projects congruently
- Experience working in dual-track agile environments with continuous, parallel, discovery and delivery
- Possess a strong understanding of the product development process, from problem definition through to detailed UI and visual design
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across a company but particularly with Product Managers and Engineers
what you'll be doing:
- Develop user flows, UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look like
- Translate wireframes into a larger design vision for websites, web/mobile apps, social media initiatives, etc.
- Claim ownership of the projects you work on and have the freedom to put your ideas on the table
- Define new standards and processes with a hardworking and passionate team
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Determine relevant use cases and how they apply to the design
- Plan, manage and deliver design projects with agreed upon scope, timeline, and budget
- Work with delivery to ensure alignment on the scope, schedule, dependencies, and deliverables across teams
- We are offering competitive wages
- 5 Days Paid Sick Leave
- 15 Days Paid Vacation after probationary period
- Comprehensive Health, Vision and Dental Insurance paid 100% by the company
- Life insurance, AD&D, Short- and Long-Term Disability Benefits
- $500 Health Spending Account (myHSA)
- Relaxed dress code
- Collaborative & exciting work environment
- Room for growth within company
Our Vancouver Team is currently working from home until further notice. We will be considering a distributed work model where team members can work from home or in a typical office environment, but employee health and safety is our top priority. We are currently accepting applicants out of province. All interviews and subsequent meetings will be conducted online using Google Meet.
MORE ABOUT US
Create Music Group Official Websitehttp://www.createmusicgroup.com
How Create Music Group Found $60 Million in Unclaimed Revenue for Artists and Labels in Three Yearshttps://www.forbes.com/sites/danafeldman/2018/11/28/how-create-music-group-found-60m-in-unclaimed-revenue-for-artists-and-labels-in-three-years/#32b17f7b7b32
How This Startup is Finding Millions in Unclaimed Youtube Revenue for Artists and Labelshttps://www.billboard.com/articles/business/8357947/create-music-group-youtube-revenue-recovery-artists-labels
Create Music Group Now Offering Clients Daily Youtube, Apple Music/iTunes & Spotify Revenue Reportshttps://www.billboard.com/articles/business/8495395/create-music-group-daily-youtube-apple-itunes-spotify-reports
Send us an email with a short paragraph (2 - 3 sentences) of your goals, and another short paragraph (2 - 3 sentences) about how you think working at Create Music Group can get you there.
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Add “Lead Product Designer Application” in the subject line.
We thank all who apply but regretfully, only those considered to be suitably qualified will be contacted for further consideration.